Friday, July 08, 2005

London Bombings

Just had to post a comment on yesterday's bombings in London as it has affected me more than I would have expected. Listening to the news reports last evening as I drove home I was fighting back tears so that I could see to drive. Not being prone to such emotional responses I was surprised by it, and still am. The attack is shocking, and has struck me more powerfully than other recent incidents, such as the Madrid train bombings, I guess because it is closer to home (a work colleague went through King's Cross station probably less than an hour before the thing started).
Perhaps it's something about having kids?
On which note, Joe is three years old today (which is a far cheerier thing to think about), and was up at 6.30 am to kick the day off in style.

No comments: